meta data for this page
AccuTraining Quick Start Guide
Don't have time to read it online then download our AccuTraining Quick Start Guide (PDF).
This guide is available here to help you get your AccuTraining account setup and running very quickly and efficiently.
1. Adjust your Account Settings
Location: Advanced Options > Settings
- Update the General account settings, such as the time-zone, Session Timeout, etc.
- Account Logo - This can be the company logo or even the training series logo which will appear on the Badges and Certificatesby default.
- Time-zone This is a very important setting and is there so AccuTraining can tell the Apple devices what Timezone the training sessions will take place. By default only the 4 continental U.S. time-zones show up but you can check the box to show all time-zones if you are doing the training outside of the U.S. time-zones.
- License Agreement (optional) This section of AccuTraining will allow you to enter a user agreement if needed when the Employees login.
2. Enter or import the Training Courses
Entering Training Courses Manually
Location: General > Training Courses
To create a new Training Course you simply click the Create Course button at the top of the page.
Complete the following information to create the Training Course:
- Full Unique Code (Required) - This is a unique code of the Training Course used to identify this specific class.
- Name (Required) - This is the title of the Training Course that you will see throughout the AccuTraining website when selecting the Training Course.
- Term - Used as a reporting period to be selected when running reports and if using recurring sessions it determines when the start and end dates are of these recurring sessions.
- Department - Used to group Training Courses. This assigns a Department (which has to be created previously) to which the Training Course belongs to in AccuTraining. It can be used to group them in the reports or plans.
- Group - Used to group Training Courses for a Training Plan or Reports. If you create a group name that you tag each course with it will use it to group them in the reports or plans.
- Details - this is the description of the Training Course which can be used for any notes about the Training Course.
- Recurring Sessions - Use this option if you need to specify the days of the week and time that the Training Course will occur. Example: “Mondays at 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM in RM101”
- Follow these steps to add a Recurring Session:
- Select a day of the week from the drop-down box.
- Click the first “at” field to set the start time for that day of the week.
- Type the time manually or select the time in the drop-down box.
- Now click the second “at” field to set the end time for that day of the week.
- Finally click the “in” field to set the location the training will take place. Simply type the first 3 characters of the location name to get it to appear and click it to select that location.
- One-time Session - Use this option if your Training Course only occurs on specific dates or if you need to add days outside of the normal schedule that you will be meeting. It is completely fine to use both Recurring Sessions and One-time Sessions when setting the Training Course Schedule.
- Allow Employees to sign-in early by (X) minutes. - Simply place the number of minutes an Employee can be early to receive credit for the Training Course.
- Allow Employees to sign-out late by (X) minutes. - Simply place the number of minutes an Employee can leave after the session has completed to receive credit for the Training Course.
- Required Presence (Required) - Simply place the percentage of the Training Course that the Employee must attend in order to receive credit for the Training Course.
Importing Training Courses
Location: Advanced Options > Import
- Details (optional)
- Group (optional)
- Department (optional)
- Schedule (optional)
The Name is used to uniquely identify the training course, it must be unique across all the courses in the system.
The Term column refers to the term in your account, it's mandatory and it must exist before you import the training Course file. The terms are not automatically created to reduce to possibility of errors.
The Group is optional and it's useful to tie training Courses together.
The Department is optional.
The Schedule field needs to have the following format: <days_of_week or meeting_date> <start>-<end> <location> Where:
- <days_of_week> is the list of days of the week when the training Course is given, without spaces. For example: MWF means that the training Course is given every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The days must be specified using the following letters: M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday.
- <meeting_date> is a date in YYYYMMDD format that specifies a one-time training Course. For example: 20131007 specifies that the training Course is on October 7th, 2013.
- <start> is the start time of the training Course, in military time. For example 900 or 0900 refers to 9am, 1730 refers to 5:30pm.
- <end> is the end time of the training Course, in military time. Please note that it has to be separated from the start time using a hypen.
- <location> is the name of the location where it's given.
- Full example (Mondays and Thursdays, from 9am to 10:30am in the location A-101):
MR 900-1030 A-101
- Full example (July 29th, 2013 from 3pm to 5:45pm in the location A-101):
20130729 1500-1745 A-101
- You can specify multiple times or locations separating them by a slash (/), for example:
MWF 900-1030 A-101 / TR 1400-1530 A-201 / 20130815 1100-1230 A-203
|ACCT-110-01||Financial Accounting I||Course details||Economics||Spring 2015||MW 900-1040 A-101||ACCT-110|
|BIOL-111-A||Biology I||Course details||Biology||Spring 2015||TF 1500-1620 A-102||BIOL-111|
|TCDW-120-2||Technical Drawing I||Course details||Industrial Design||Spring 2015||WS 900-1040 A-201||TCDW-120|
|TCMO-101-B||3D Modeling||Course details||Industrial Design||Spring 2015||R 900-1040 A-202||TCMO-101|
|HISE-121-C||European History||Course details||History||Spring 2015||TR 1300-1400 A-101||HISE-121|
3. Enter or import the Employees
Creating Employees Manually
Location: Users > Employees and Users
To create a user click the Create New button in the top left-side of your screen and follow these instructions:
Complete the following info:
- First Name (Required) - The user's first name goes here.
- Last Name (Required) - The user's last name goes here.
- Email (Required) - The user's email address goes here.
- Card Number - The user's card number goes here.
- Password (Required for Admin/Operator Role) - The user's password.
- Repeat - If entering a password repeat it in this field.
- Role - Select a from the following options:
- Administrator - This is a person that will have full access to AccuTraining to manage and maintain the software.
- Operator - This is a person that will have limited access to AccuTraining to manage and maintain the software and will be primarily used to scan people into the Training Courses using the Apple devices.
- Employee - This is a person that will have no access to AccuTraining to manage and maintain the software but will be required to interact with the software by following their assigned Training Plans and attending their required Training Courses.
- Optionally you can upload a photo of the user on the far right-side of the screen.
Be sure to save the user by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Location: Advanced Options > Import
This is the import process for all user types (Administrators, Operators, and Employees).
- MiddleInitial (optional)
- Active (optional)
The Email is used to uniquely identify the user, it must be unique across all the users in the system. It also allows users to login, to reset their password, to receive messages and notifications and a lot more things. The email has to be unique across all the users too.
The FirstName and LastName are required. It's usually displayed in the format First Last. You can also optionally specify the MiddleInitial
The CardNumber is required to track attendance by reading physical cards using a card reader, scanning the barcodes using the mobile app for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, or using an RFID reader connected to a PC Sign-in Station.
The Active field is optional. Specifies whether the user is active or not. 'Yes' or 'No' values are accepted. Defaults to 'Yes'.
4. Design and print your Badges
Location: Workshops > Badges
Create Badge Template
Location: Workshops > Badges > Templates
To get started simply click the Create Badge Template button at the top of the Badge Templates screen. Then complete the following steps:
- Give the Badge Template a Name that will show up when seeing them in the Badge Template list.
- Give the Badge Template a brief Description of the group of Employees this badge is designed for so you will know when seeing them in the Badge Template screen.
- Now either Save this information only by clicking the Save button OR Save and Design this template by clicking the Save and Design button.
This is where you can fully customize your Users badges or just choose from several preset templates.
On this screen you can design the badges for your Users. Using the following sections:
- Add Text: Create a box where you can enter text.
- Add Image: To add images to canvas the certificate.
- Add Barcode: This allows you to add either QR or 39 barcodes to your badges.
- Select Control This is used to select a part of the badge you want to edit. A dropdown list shows all the elements that make up your badge.
- Canvas Properties
- Background Color: Select the color you want your background. Click on the white box, and it will display a picture with all the colors you can change it.
- Background Image
- View Image: It will open a new window showing the image of the badge created.
- Change: You can upload an image that resides on your computer.
- None: Removes any background image upload.
You can use the following keywords in any text box:
All Users Info:
- $FullName$ Displays the full name of the User.
- $FirstName$: Displays the first name of the User.
- $MiddleName$: Displays the middle name of the User.
- $LastName$: Displays the last name of the User.
- $Email$: Displays the email of the User.
- $Account$ Displays the name of the Account.
- $Date$ Displays the date of the Training.
Users with attendance
- $Events$: This displays the Training Courses the Employee is registered to.
Location: Workshops > Badges > Print
This section allows you to print your Badges you have designed in the AccuTraining software. You have many options as far as what User Role, which Badge Template, and even for only certain individuals or all of the Users that you want to print the