meta data for this page
Create New Appointments
Purpose: To Schedule student-tutor appointments.
How to Access: Center Attendance > Appointments > Create New Appointment
To create a new appointment you must follow the steps below:
- Select Student: In this field you can start searching for a student just by typing his/her name on the provided text box. (You can choose more than one student)
- Select Center or Find Service: In this field you can either search for a center/service or you can scroll down and manually look for it. (By clicking “Find Service” a pop up menu of all the services appears)
- Select Service: In this field you select a service by clicking on the check boxes next to the name (You can choose more than one service)
- Select Subject Area: In this field you select a Subject Area of which you want your appointment to be in.
- Select Professor: In this field you select the professor you want to assign to the appointment. (You can select None/Skip)
- Available Slots: In this field you select a tutor either by looking for them in the scroll down menu “Specific Tutor” or you scroll down and manually look for them. You can select the Days of the Week, Duration, and the Date and Time you want to schedule the appointment for.
- Confirm: In the final step to creating an appointment there is an option to Setup Recurrence, add attachments, add Notes, Review Details, and Confirm everything is correct (continue reading the next chapter for more information).
When creating an appointment, in the last step we have the option to add attachments, single files , max files size is 10MB and file types: .doc, .docx, .odt, .tex, .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .psd, .txt, .mp3, .csv, .ods, .mp4, .mov, .mkv, .avi, .3gp, .mpg, .mpeg, .zip, .rar, .7z . See a small video on how to add attachments.
Setting recurrent appointment
When creating an appointment, in the last step we have the option to create a recurrent appointment, this is an appointment that takes place at specific dates/intervals, for example, “Every Tuesday at 9:00 AM for 20 minutes”
In order to see the options click in “Setup recurrence”:
Select when this appointment will repeat, the option is: either on a specific day of the week or a set of days per week:
As you can see the resultant appointments are shown in grey to the right:
When we are done selecting we can see a list of dates when the appointment will occur, if it is ok we can click “Confirm” to create the group of appointments.