meta data for this page
How to Access: Advanced Options > Import Information
Purpose: This page is used to Import Information in AccuCampus.
- View Past Imports - This allows us to see a list of previous Imports, clicking in the name of the import shows the Execution details.
- View Documentation - This provides access to Documentation.
- Upload your Files - Please select the type of information to be imported from the list and click Upload a File to start the import job.
View Past Imports screen
Use this page to see previous import jobs.
- Go back -This is a link to the previous page.
- Refresh -This allows to refresh and reload the page
- View Details- This allows us to see specific information from the current Import job such as dates, times, status, and error-related information.
1 - Documentation Screen
Please use this page to read about how this process works for each “type” of documentation, you can also use this page to download our import tool, Engineerica Data Exchange Tool (EDX). Click here for details.
- Download Data Exchange Tool - Please click this link to download ADX, make sure your antivirus allows this download and install the app.
- View Help on Importing- Please select a “type” of import from the list, a new area will appear with detailed information related to the steps and requirements to download such data.
Please see here a sample for Students import:
2 - Timezone Warning
3 - Upload your files Screen
- Select import type - Please select the import type from the list.
- Upload file - Please click this button to browse and select the CSV file associated with the import type selected.
Setup Scheduled Batch Import Files
Through this process, you'll be able to use our Engineerica Data Exchange (EDX) tool to schedule or automate imports using a batch file and Windows Task Scheduler. To get started follow these steps:
Download and Install EDX
- From the Main Sidebar, hover over Advanced Options.
- Click on Imports.
- There are two ways to access the exchange tool.
- Click View Documentation, then Download Data Exchange Tool.
- Choose an import (under 3.) and then click Schedule this Import.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click Download our import tool.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Click Install.
Create the batch file using EDX
- The ADX application opens once it installs but if you are starting at this step simply search from your Windows Start Menu for “Engineerica Data Exchange.exe”
- Choose AccuCampus from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Enter the domain and your credentials. Click Next.
- Choose the Import Type, File Path, and add any Parameters. Click Next.
- Click the ellipsis (3 dots) button to choose a file path for the batch file.
- Click Finish.
Schedule the Batch File to Run
- To create a scheduled task for the batch file, click Yes.
- Enter a name for the task. Click OK.
- Adjust the properties of the scheduled task:
General Tab - On this tab you can set the Security Options needed to run whether logged in and with highest privileges.
Triggers Tab - Use this tab to set the schedule to run hourly, daily, weekly, etc.
Actions Tab - This should be setup to start the .Bat file from the computer.
Conditions Tab - Typically nothing but the defaults used as shown below.
Settings Tab - Use this tab to configure any additional options.
Run Times & History Tab - These tabs simply show the success or failures of the scheduled task.
- Click OK. The import will run at the selected time.
- Once the scheduled import has run, you can check Imports History in the AccuCampus imports screen to see if it was successful.